AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cash Rent Lease....New ideas needed for the future of farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Stormwatcher
Posted 10/8/2015 09:33 (#4829218 - in reply to #4828099)
Subject: RE: Cash Rent Lease....New ideas needed for the future of farming

WCMO-SWMO Area
I as a landlord prefer cash rent that is fair to me and to my renters...In my area $75-125 per acre rents ground that grows 125-140 bu corn,30-40 bu beans,and 50-70 bu wheat....I'm close to the bottom end of that rent on $3,000 per acre ground so I get less than a 3% return....

There is no crookedness with cash rent.....Cash rent came around because some renters had trouble dividing up the crop correctly..You wouldn't believe some of the things that have happened in my area..Cash rent offers the poorer farmer a chance to compete with the good farmer...If rents were based off bushels raised lots of landlords will be changing farmers..

I personally don't care to have to market the crop or mess with crop insurance-etc...If grain prices stay down and the weather is bad I will lower my rent if my renters show me on paper that they are making no money....Several times they have made $200-300 per acre plus profit on corn and I was happy for them..Last year lots of farms in this area grew 190-200 bu per acre corn on $75-100 per acre rent..

Edited by Stormwatcher 10/8/2015 09:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)