AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do NOT Buy a Lenovo Computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 9/28/2015 18:36 (#4813384 - in reply to #4812247)
Subject: RE: Do NOT Buy a Lenovo Computer

Elmira, Ontario

Wheat77 - 9/27/2015 23:08 Lenova is a company owned solely by the Chinese Govt. You are correct, don't buy anything Lenova, for that reason only, and you have mentioned your problems. I would just move on and get a different computer. Don't make a $300.00 computer give you any more grief.

Well, that's a statement I've never heard so boldly before so I thought I should dig into it since I've recommended the Thinkpad series of laptops. Obviously, Lenovo is a Chinese company, but it does have a strong USA division.

The best I can figure out is roughly 10% of the company is owned by an institution which had its roots in the Chinese government. Here's a chart I found.

Legend Holdings is roughly 30% owned by Chinese Academy of Sciences. So 30% of 30% is just under 10%. The remainder of Legend Holdings is owned I think by the original employees of Legend which spawned Lenovo. Mr Yang Yuanqing is the CEO. From what I can gather IBM received shares when it sold the laptop division. They seem to have reduced their holdings under 5% now.

I did uncover a really scary thing though. Apparently, Ashton Kutcher was hired as an engineer. He must be pranking them!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)