AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ISP to conduct vehicle inspections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 9/1/2015 19:02 (#4765005 - in reply to #4764985)
Subject: RE: ISP to conduct vehicle inspections

Kingston,Mi
I had to get an inspection sticker for brand new 1975 Duster with less than 1000 miles on it when I returned to Ft. Belvoir Va. in Jan. of 1975 and was out processing to my discharge on the 19th. Virginia inspected, at that time at least, every 6 months. If you were caught without a current inspection sticker you were automatically in violation. Also had to buy a set of snow tires, even though I had driven rear wheel vehicles for years without them, they had the unique view that if they caught you without snow tires even if you were able to move without them and someone was stuck with them and unable to move, you were unprepared and you got the ticket, they got assistance to become unstuck. Still have a nice set of Western Auto bias ply studded snows in size E78x14, Michigan outlawed studded tires soon after I returned home.

Virginia had problems (turn signals, who needs turn signals) but they didn't have any 1 eyed cars or set up to shine raccoons in tall trees with the misadjusted head lights.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)