AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to Precision- PF3000 in a combine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/29/2015 07:29 (#4758974 - in reply to #4758299)
Subject: RE: New to Precision- PF3000 in a combine?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
AVP_Matt - 8/28/2015 17:52

I looked into it a little bit but didn't go too far in depth be a use there's a serial # break on the flow sensor kit, and then there's a different model year break on the emu for the 9500s. What little looking I did do, seems like the flow sensor was the same from a 95 to a 96, but the deflector plate was different and I'm willing to bet the emu will be too.

There is a serial number break because Deere changed the elevator on later 9500's. Sadly the first ones had to use a deflector plate and the grain has to bounce off of the deflector plate making the system less accurate. With the newer 9500's the grain hits the sensor plate directly and the system is better able to discern the flow rate.

The moisture sensing went through some changes during the evolution of the Ag Leader systems. The sensor is physically the same size on the current units as it was on the early units. The housing style and location has various possibilities. The very earliest Ag Leader systems had you cut out a section of the loading auger. This is what I did with my 7720.

Later Ag Leader came out with the clean grain elevator side mount. This enclosure is mounted on the side of the clean grain elevator. Holes are cut into the clean grain elevator and grain trickles into the enclosure where it comes in contact with the moisture sensor. When the chamber gets full, a sensor starts an auger which moves this grain to the other side of the clean grain elevator where it goes round the horn. "New" grain enters the chamber so the chamber is always full with grain.

There are different styles of this enclosure. If the combine has the "Greenstar" holes in it from the factory then it is desirable to use that style enclosure so that you don't need to cut in new holes. If the combine doesn't have any cutouts in the clean grain elevator then either style can be used since you need to cut in some holes for bolts and the grain flow either way.

The side mount style is the way to go. The earliest approach where you cut out part of the flighting in the clean grain loading auger worked but there were some problems which the side mount approach does not have.

Edited by tedbear 8/29/2015 07:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)