AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to Precision- PF3000 in a combine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

swenzel
Posted 8/28/2015 14:13 (#4757941 - in reply to #4757713)
Subject: RE: New to Precision- PF3000 in a combine?

NW IL
Whatever system you decide to invest in, think of ways where you can use it all year round and not just for harvest. The PF3000 will work great for what you need, but long term it is a little "one-dimensional" in what it is capable of.

I am also a little partial to Ag Leader. I would vote for the Integra as a solid all in one display. We use the Integra on our farm for autosteer, yield monitor, clutch control, planter monitoring, starter control, NH3 control, and also tile plow control. You do not have to do it "all at once" in the first year. You can add to your precision ag hardware as budget and needs arise.

If you do invest in the Integra for your 9500, the yield monitoring modules used ( speed and moisture) are the exact same modules used on a majority of Ag Leader combine kits. If you ever decide to sell/trade your 9500 you can reuse your modules on your next machine. A few years ago we traded Case 7120 combine for JD S680. We took all of our Ag Leader modules and wires off the 7210 (plugged back in the OEM Pro 600 stuff) and moved it to our JD S680. We did have to buy some cables that were specific to the Deere, however a bulk of our initial investment (on the red machine) we were able to move to the new green combine.

If you are thinking about row clutches on Kinze planters, there are a lot of used systems on the market now as guys are converting their planters over to electric drive systems. If you are on a tight budget, for not a lot of money I think you could find a majority of what you need used for your planter.

Edited by swenzel 8/28/2015 14:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)