AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I did something today I believe is a sin...now what?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MTfarm
Posted 8/15/2015 21:15 (#4735031)
Subject: I did something today I believe is a sin...now what?

Shelby, MT
I committed a sin today, and truthfully the whole time I was committing this act I had this kind of guilty feeling like doing something terribly wrong. Once I finished and left to head home for the day I wondered where is the proper channel to confess my wrongdoings.. I don't and never have gone to church, not even when I was growing up... I feel that the proper place today would possibly be a government office, maybe the NRCS or FSA... I also don't want to have to explain to the farming community what I did, I expect some frowns and to be told all I had to do is (fill it the blank of what works for that farmer). I guess I feel like anything I say would be just excuses. Of course what is done is done now and can't be taken back, I will get over it and next spring it will most likely be all erases and the moon and sun, day, night, and my families well being will all go unaffected.

Now you wonder what I did, well not to long ago I had a Will it Die post of some terrible looking kochia infested chemfallow of my neighbors...... go down wind and I have struggled endlessly trying to stay ahead of the battle, and to some degree this year was better than last year but this certain 160 was too far gone, I have sprayed it 3 times with varying failing results and coctails. I have been harvesting for 2ish weeks now and have not been back to see how things are doing, The other day we moved over to that area and mother of god it was a train wreck what didn't die from 3 tries regrew with a vengence. SO today I broke out the chisel plow and just simply plowed it up, ya I said it p l o w e d it up.. all done I don't have to wait another 10 days to see what dies and doesn't die and what do do next... really a great accomplishment if and if it wasn't considered so taboo.... I suspect the farm magazine and newspapers will soon be on my doorstep interviewing me and possibly lecturing me on rotations, cover crops, rotating chemical groups, tank mixes etc....

well what should I do?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)