AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How long will I be in Jail?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/2/2015 06:05 (#4711768 - in reply to #4711597)
Subject: RE: How long will I be in Jail?

Chebanse, IL.....

Glenn W

I agree w/your viewpoint & reply to a4t-1600 totally.

With all the real-time info gathering methods that are happening daily in this day & age, the national census gathering method is out of date. All govt agencies have access to instantaneous income information on any of us. They don't have to settle for "...more or less than $100,000.00...." as in a questionnaire. I believe the national census is a 10 yr occurance? If so, in the 1800s that was good enough, however in 2015 that would be about 9 yrs, 9 months, and 29 days out-of-date.

Who hasn't driven daily & seen the state/local traffic count devices hanging on posts? That is how road use is determined, not by asking someone who may or may not be telling the whole story truthfully, for whatever reason.

Decisions like the 300 bed hospital are made by private industry & they're certainly not going to use 9 yr old vague sources like the national census to decide whether to go into billions of dollars of debt to build, equip, and staff a hospital. They'll use more modern instantaneous fact gathering methods.

Like you, I've never been confronted with that "4 minute" census. Must've been a special edition, and who would do a census over the phone? I have the same exact feelings towards the ag census. Comply with it if you like, but realize that many-many of your neighbors don't & won't.

And to "Happy Hank", I'd say that same jail is going to be filled with many NAT friends if you ever get to that point, so there will be plenty of comradeship there.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)