AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

need some soybean herbicide advice...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Beef State Ben
Posted 7/10/2015 12:27 (#4671894 - in reply to #4671039)
Subject: RE: need some soybean herbicide advice...

NW of Lincoln, NE
I'm right there with you…and it sucks.

I plant Liberty beans, and I've had very clean fields, but I needed some shorter season beans in one field to make sure to get wheat in this fall. My seed salesman didn't have any shorter season Liberty beans and my calls to other guys turned up nothing. How is it that a seed salesman won't even return a call to a guy looking to buy?

Anyway…I got talked into putting RR beans in this field, then talked into putting them on that whole particular farm. It'll make spraying easier, I figured.

Fast forward to this year. Those beans don't get planted until the very end of May and sprayed after that. It's a marestail jungle out there but I've never had problems killing them…with Liberty. No such luck with the roundup.

As the beans emerge so does a nice growth of pigweed…

So, I talk to the chem guy and make up a really hot mix for the post. Buccaneer, Volunteer, Cadet, Ringside, Crop Oil–It burned the hell out of the beans, but it severely hurt the pigweed and sent the marestail back a few GDD. Most of the pigweed and all of the marestail will surely grow out of it, I'm just hoping that the beans grow up around them and slow them down.

Meanwhile…my Liberty beans on the other farms are nearly spotless.

sigh

Edited by Beef State Ben 7/10/2015 12:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)