AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

need some soybean herbicide advice...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 7/9/2015 23:23 (#4671129 - in reply to #4671039)
Subject: RE: need some soybean herbicide advice...

King City, Mo
I know you don't wanna hear this but liberty beans would of been a really really good idea and prob a good idea for next year.....

I'll be honest I've had a train wreck with twh before when things didn't go right. We all have to have that oh crap mess happen to open up our wallet and start playing better defense as defense wins championships.

You are crossing the line into revenge spraying and it's only going to make the sprayer and chem guy money. I've been there and done it and had the I'm gonna kick you butt attitude toward twh and it threw me around like a rag doll and took my lunch money. Your gonna burn everything then the twh greens back up quicker then the soybeans do and you spent another $20-30/acre and prob knock blooms off the beans.

Next time when you do your first rate and rup add in warrent or Zidua. That'll help make the season a relay race so your chems don't peter out while twh tries to germinate. Even if you switch to liberty beans you still need over lapping residuals pre and post.

I like how you added in 2,4-D to the pre. It's cheap and effective.

The positive side is twh feeds into the combine nicely after a frost.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)