AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pull Sprayer - Upgrade to better components
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 7/5/2015 20:05 (#4663071 - in reply to #4660908)
Subject: RE: Pull Sprayer - Upgrade to better components

Leesburg, Ohio
My must-have list of sprayer features for either pull-type or SP:

Deere 2630 screen/3000 receiver with Deere Rate Controller, Deere Swath control, and Deere auto-steer (either integrated or ATU add-on)
Inductor/Eductor with jug rinse
Rinse tank and tank rinse nozzles
Stainless tank and booms
A 50 mesh primary and an 80 mesh secondary filter.
Hydraulic fold/height
Tall tires, on 120"

Like-to-haves:

Deere Boom-trac (auto-height control)
1000-1200 gallon tank
90' or more booms
5-tip Turret nozzle bodies (or at least 3-tip)
Fresh water hand wash tank

NO foamer
NO nozzle screens

The complete Deere technology system is not cheap, but can be used on multiple operations throughout the year, and will capture significant payback on each operation. The Swath control quickly pays for the rest of the system. Yes, many will say that you cannot justify it for 400 acres. I say, if you buy ANY technology, it better pay on EVERY trip across the field, especially on a smaller operation. It will save you 6 to 10% on every input you apply using it: Seed, chems, fertilizer. That is the big savings, and just auto-steer alone will not capture that savings. Auto-steer is really nice, will save significant fuel, labor, and wear on equipment. It will also keep you more alert and less tired. BUT THE SWATH CONTROL IS WHAT PAYS BACK THE INVESTMENT with hard dollars. So buy a system that will work on EVERY trip across the field to capture the most payback.

If you are not too spread out, with a big product tank, it is very easy to fill at the shop most times, and the built-in educator works great for that. I can see a custom operator not using it as much, but you need it.
A rinse tank and nozzles on board should be required by law. You should rinse/flush by spraying the rinsate out on the field you just finished.
Stainless tank and booms really help reduce problems when flushing and changing crops. they won't soak up chems as badly as poly/rubber. But you can't eliminate it totally.

I would look for a decent used Bestway or similar pull-type with the tank, booms, hydraulics, eductor, and rinse like you want it, then buy the technology to add. The Deere rate controller eliminates the Raven 440/450 controller, and does it better.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)