AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pull Sprayer - Upgrade to better components
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 7/4/2015 17:43 (#4661476 - in reply to #4660908)
Subject: RE: Pull Sprayer - Upgrade to better components

Mid-Michigan
Some interesting comments. Like another poster, I don't want a self propelled sprayer. I don't farm enough to justify another engine (price is also way out of my league). I have a hardi navigator and the thing works great GPS makes everyone a great operator. With auto steer and swath control (John deere's name for boom shut off) its hard to screw up. If you are planting with gps and have swath control I don't know what boom size and planter size have in common. I plant with a 12 row and have 100 foot booms. The dealer tried to talk me out of it because the boom doesnt match the planter. I could only say at the time "who cares"? I still don't get it. My 12 row and 100 ft booms works great. If I were planting with a 2 row I'd want my 100 ft booms (actually I now wish I had bigger booms). I think all booms are now hydraulic. I don't know how you could ever manually fold my booms. As far as the inductor? I wouldn't even consider a sprayer without it. I always use mine and it works great. Why would you carry jug after jug up a ladder when you can just stand on the ground, dump it in and suck it into the tank? The rinse tank is nice but I don't use mine alot. I have a hand washing tank also but always forget it's there. Unless you have really little fields or lots of hills I'd get the biggest booms I could afford.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)