AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new holland warranty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mike10
Posted 6/7/2015 11:02 (#4613231 - in reply to #4613052)
Subject: RE: new holland warranty

SLIMCAKE - 6/7/2015 09:13

You guys crack me up. First of all those hay tools have been flawless. Must be hard on stuff... Second this comes down to the dealer. Maybe next time you beat the guy up over a couple hundred bucks or buy the machine far away because it was cheaper than your "local" dealer you will think about this stuff. Dealers are important and I can bet a dollar that your round baler came from a dealer with "rock" in its name..... Lets see a pic of the belt and I can tell you what happened.

While I may not completely agree with the flawless part, the rest of the post is spot on. Labor is covered for the replacement of the belt or belts, but only up to 9 hrs which should be sufficient. A good dealer will eat any overage.

Here are the guidelines. There is a pamphlet of diagnosing belt failure.

This extended warranty covers the following failures:
• Ply separation without signs of foreign object damage.
• Perpendicular break across the belt without signs of foreign object damage.
• Outside of the belt cracking along entire splice length
• Inside splice diagonal seam peeling greater than 1/2” along the entire splice. This does not include cosmetic cracking which is not a defect.

This extended warranty does not cover the following failures:
• Belts that fail due to damage from foreign objects
• Belts that fail due to edge wear
• Belts that fail due to improper operation or belt alignment

A picture is needed before anyone on a forum can give the OP an informed opinion.

I learned a long time ago there are two sides to a story and after some thought there could be some other explanation for the dealer not covering the labor. What if the problem was indeed due to foreign material or operator error and one belt is completely ruined and the other two are still serviceable. The dealer may be trying to help the customer by eating the destroyed belt themselves and the customer paying the labor, after all in this scenario the customer was at fault. We may be to hasty in placement of blame. Just food for thought

Edited by mike10 6/7/2015 11:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)