AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I wish JD could transfer coverage maps from one screen to another...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

PrecisionNE
Posted 5/27/2015 09:24 (#4593745 - in reply to #4593405)
Subject: RE: I wish JD could transfer coverage maps from one screen to another...

Eastern Nebraska
Here's a fun thought. What if you make prescriptions off of your coverage map? What I mean by this is you bring your completed data into desktop software, not sure if Apex can accomplish this, but I know SMS can. When you get to the covered areas, you could make the prescription that your rate would be 0 then load this into the display that you need it to be in. Another thought would be to bring your data into some desktop software and make a boundary (if you're using RTK) right on the edge of where your "coverage" (data) was recorded. Then when you drove into your coverage your section control would shut off. These are a couple ways I can think of to "fool" the system. The only downside to these is that it takes a little more work than just transferring from one display to another.

As others have mentioned Deere did release shared coverage recently. I haven't seen it work yet in the field though.

The second thing I'd like to mention is when you bring in your setup information from Apex, make sure they they are identical on each display. What I mean by this is make sure you bring in all implements so that both display have the same list. By doing this, both display will have the option of selecting the 2510 or your other implement. To me it seems like a lot of your concerns can be solved one way or another, you'll just have to use some non direct routes to accomplish this.

Edited by PrecisionNE 5/27/2015 09:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)