AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I wish JD could transfer coverage maps from one screen to another...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caleb_brown
Posted 5/27/2015 06:26 (#4593441 - in reply to #4593405)
Subject: RE: I wish JD could transfer coverage maps from one screen to another...

West KY
Ron, this isn't working because coverage maps can't be imported onto a 2630. Only setup data can be imported. I have several customers that map out A-B curves along with their boundaries in the fall and winter and use those to plant their crops. What works well about this situation is that they create a "headland boundary" which is 80 feet constant offset from the main boundary. You can set this to any dimension you want - all of my customers doing this run 16 row planters and do two passes on the ends. They then plant the main rows first and come back and fill in the headlands and odd rows to complete the field. The great thing about this is that if you check the "headland control" box in your section control tab, it will shut off your sections at that predefined head and boundary and you come back to fill them in. I was with one client that had 3 liquid rigs in the same field and even though they could not see the coverage, they were running just fine and section control was working perfectly. This is not just in perfectly square fields either! Several places with curves and contours.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)