AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need Window authentication help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chimel
Posted 5/12/2015 03:53 (#4565269 - in reply to #4561799)
Subject: RE: I need Window authentication help

There's rarely a good way to handle such Windows Update bugs, you can spend days trying to troubleshoot your issue to no avail. And since your version of Windows may not even be genuine, I wouldn't even waste time on it. The only and rapid solution is to back up your data and reinstall Windows from scratch, either from the restore disc that manufacturers don't ship anymore (thanks, OEMs! Grrr...) or from the special restore partition that some OEMs create, or from a retail version of Windows that you purchased. You can find official ISO images of Windows 7 on the Internet, but they are not likely to activate with the product key that came with your laptop, if it appears on the bottom of your laptop. You usually need the disk image of that specific OEM. You might be able to get one from HP support or from HP users support forums.

Upgrading to Windows 10 for free when it releases later this year might be your best bet if you can live with this bug for several more months, but I think it's really a waste of your time. I'd just get a new laptop now, and give away the old one. Buying used electronics on eBay is rarely a good idea, especially used laptops.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)