AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need Window authentication help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 5/10/2015 12:55 (#4561799)
Subject: I need Window authentication help

Southeast Wyoming

I have an older HP laptop which I bought on ebay.  Seller had upgraded it to Win7 and Win8.  I have had it maybe a year.  This problem has been on-going since day one.

Win8 (and maybe 7) often have like a watermark at lower right saying I need to authenticate Windows.  I go to the authentication page and it says it is authenticated.

About every time I start it, it goes in to Updating Windows mode, taking so long I leave it and do something else.

Then when I restart it, it goes into this mode:

Failure configuring Windows updates     Reverting changes   Do not turn off computer.

So I leave it and the cycle continues.   This is my Quickbooks computer and I'm not accomplishing much in the way of entering records.  If I wait it out, as I just did as I am typing, it restarts and hopefully this time will function properly until the next time I use it.

What do I need to do or where do I need to contact at Microsoft to get this authentication thing corrected, assuming that is the problem?  I surely will have to "buy" an upgrade since the upgrade must have been a boot leg deal.  At this point that is ok because I need to move on.

Any suggestions, Please.

Thank you! 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)