AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1200 planter issues + some advise FWIW.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Newguy
Posted 5/31/2008 16:48 (#388195 - in reply to #388181)
Subject: RE: 1200 planter issues + some advise FWIW.

Renville Minnesota

Here is a pic of our 955 blowjobber results, and a neighbors corn that was planted with a 48 row 22" DB with e-sets.    I know its just a shot, but from experience, Im convinced there is NO planter out there that will give anyone absolute perfection.   The operator of the 955 this year really liked to move dirt with its yetter trash wheels for some reason.  We need to adress some issues with this planter, it did way better last year.

From experience (am liscenced crop ins.) I don't see the names of prudecers not with me from my contractor, they and I don't beleive that would be very ethical, but I do see reports from the area. I know  "here in my part of the northern corn world"  spacing won't break ya.  In year 3 and 4, if we would have 8% more yeild (some claims I hear) on 22" spacing AND if it were planted to satisfaction,  Our accross the board average yeild on around 2500 acres of corn would have been 40 bu better than the reported neighbors.    FWIW: Our yeild was right in with others, some better, some worse, aside from the guys with animals and treat their corn with as much effort as the critters.... They have Really, really good yeilds, VERY high fert, and coincidentally are still on 30" rows.

I beleive spacing should be sought after, keep the planters in top shape.  But if there is an error, it won't be any reason to call your banker.

I also beleive all new planters are good, and older planters kept up can be just as good as the new ones.  Our 955 last year had spot on spacing according to the neighbors kid who checked.  His family farm had a new deere last year. (he was looking for extra work by checking feilds) Put E-sets in this year, haven't talked to him yet on how he likes em. 

The pic here are of 955 corn and of the deere with e-sets.

Disclaimer:  I like the 1200, the opening and closing systems work for me.  The abillity to tell the seed salesmen, don't care about flats or rounds, small, or large, just would like it all to be similar and GOOD!  Deere, White, Kinze, Monosem, or whatever could work better for some.  This post was written for information purposes only.  Not ment to sell anything, or put down others.  Hopefully will help someone. 

Top pic is 955.  There are 5 DB 88' planters around us, don't want to think any of them are being picked on, this guy is a great man and does a top notch job of everything he does.

Edited by Newguy 5/31/2008 16:56

(planter stuff 004 (600 x 450).jpg)

(planter stuff 001 (600 x 450).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments planter stuff 004 (600 x 450).jpg (82KB - 106 downloads)
Attachments planter stuff 001 (600 x 450).jpg (98KB - 102 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)