AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Herbicides & Pesticides
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 3/5/2015 05:43 (#4432176 - in reply to #4430193)
Subject: Because they produce more food

Martinsville, Ohio

First, a herbicide is a class of pesticide so it falls under the category of pesticides.  Pesticides came about to control pests because hand labor and other methods were falling behind.  Without them, you and I probably would not be here.

I am a pesticide educator, retired now but still current on most pesticides me and my friends use.  Study LD50 and see how what you consume ranks.  There is a lot of good pesticide education on the net.

https://www.google.com/#q=pesticide+education

So how did you find NewAgTalk?  I see you appeared a few days ago and decided to pick a handle and post without sharing any information about yourself.

Who are you and why are you here?

If you want to get along with us you can but if you want to use it for a stage, you are going to get blasted off it.

I have been here since the inception in 2000.  We use this forum to help each other by exchanging information.

Educating the public has not been a central theme but we have the talent to do it if you want to be educated.

If you don't, you probably won't be here long.

There are a few organic producers here but 99% of us use pesticides as a tool to produce more food to feed people like you.  You can choose to get educated or stay isolated in your understanding.

Ed Winkle

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)