AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Herbicides & Pesticides
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/4/2015 11:50 (#4430432 - in reply to #4430193)
Subject: RE: Herbicides & Pesticides

southern MN
Triumphman - 3/4/2015 09:09

I still can not understand why POISONOUS HERBICIDES & PESTICIDES are being used on farms today! The research shows all the CANCERS are caused by these POISONS! Doesn't anyone care about their loved one or future generations ? Is it all about money ? To hell with the consequences ?This is mind boggling to me. I know I am not a farmer, I have to step into your boots, grow up on a family farm for generations , etc.. I understand the problems and situations. but look down the road. Your kids, and their kids will all be gravely affected by this terrible chemical conspiracy . I know I am going to get so much flak from saying this , but my food and family matter more ! FYI

Its good to be concerned about ones food supply and quality.

Most herbicides are not really poisonous, they have a caution label on them. They work on very specific plant tissues which animals do not have. In most cases the herbicides are labeled to handle them cautiously because of the soaps they contain, or the way they would affect the plant life if you spilled a whole lot in a small area, and so forth.

Gasoline, the materials you use. To rework old pioneer weapons, and so forth are far more dangerous.

Danger is really trying to work out a risk vs reward deal.

Having no food is a real risk!

Handling the chemicals while mixing and spraying is a small risk.

Eating a serving of cornbread six months after harvesting the corn which was sprayed 3 months earlier with .0015 oz of herbicide per ear (about 1/2 a teardrop) seems a very, very, very low risk to you?

What is your real concern, specifically? Or just something you read on the Internet?

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)