AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

foam markers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 1/29/2015 09:51 (#4346884 - in reply to #4346759)
Subject: RE: foam markers

Coles County, Illinois
There's a lot of advantages to a painting or coverage map style guidance unit, if one connects the boom switch to the painting enable wire, It's like one has poured a dye in the chemical tank. You can look at the screen and see everywhere you've sprayed. That is very handy when one comes back to the field after a refill. You can tell right where you quit. Another feature is that it gives you a display of acres sprayed in a field. Last spring I had a pressure gauge start reading 8 psi too high. After spraying 10 acres, I knew I wasn't applying enough product as I hadn't sprayed 10 acres of material by looking at the volume left in the tank. Another feature of my Raven displays is boundary mapping. When I spray the first thing I do is spray around the perimeter. By using the boundary mapping feature I how many acres are in the field very accurately. I have a field that I always called 35 acres that is really 30.8. Another advantage is having an accurate speed readout.

I've been spraying since the mid seventies and and started spraying 2,4 d by counting rows. I've had several different foamers and a simple lightbar. All the money I spent on those seems like a waste when compared to a painting guidance unit. My vote for an entry level system is Raven's Cruizer II with a helix antenna.

http://agrimart.net/cruizer-ii-w-helix-antenna-kit-117-0171-249/
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)