AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

f1 cross Hereford/angus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

swampdoc
Posted 1/28/2015 22:08 (#4346259 - in reply to #4345835)
Subject: RE: f1 cross Hereford/angus

"it all has to do with the owner and how they are treated" sorry wrong answer, or we can agree to disagree. While you appropriately complimented him on his tame cows, I think you are wrong with your assumption. There are vast differences in peoples handling skills, but to say that Herefords, Gelbviehs or properly selected Angus (red or black) can be grouped the same as Salers or Limmy is just wrong. Are there Salers and Limmys that are calm, sure, just not as many as the other breeds. Not trying to start a breed war, but ask guys sorting calves at the barn and see what they think. Proper handling can help but it won't solve the whole problem. Think of it in terms of people, my wife teaches here but was not native to this area. First few years until she got to know names, she would come home an say so and so is awful, or that kid is areally good kid. Iwould ask what was the name and she would tell me, yeah that's right bad name, bad kid, good name, good kid, usually generations deep. While it wasn't always true, it was more the rule than the exception
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)