AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Non GMO corn and beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 12/18/2014 05:58 (#4248065 - in reply to #4247930)
Subject: RE: Non GMO corn and beans

Chebanse, IL.....

Rockpile

Why are you concerned about what & where others market or what crops they grow? I'm sure you have enough economics skill to realize that if you are able to entice more growers to follow your advice, there will be more bushels of grain available & markets will also become more localized. Therefore your premiums received will start to dwindle and the buyers will find they don't need to reach out so far. If people are hauling 100 mis now for premiums, as the growers continue to increase, that delivery radius may drop to 25 mis which also lowers premiums. It happens with just about every specialty product I've seen. I suspect the more people you get involved, the less your reward.

Or, do you have some other reason for wanting growers to follow your suggestion? I'm not clear on your motive. Are you wanting to form a co-op?

Also, on the insecticide thing. Are you testing for inseciticide residue? Or how do you come up with your Sevin info? What about the corn that doesn't get digested? A good share of corn goes directly to milling.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)