AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Non GMO corn and beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

PFI
Posted 12/17/2014 23:13 (#4247874 - in reply to #4247866)
Subject: RE: Non GMO corn and beans

I think you will find the domestic demand for non GMO is limited and niche. So is the organic market but it pays very well if you get connected.

Most demand for non GMO is overseas and that market is starting to be supplied quite well so premium is soft

I have toyed with the idea of organic on some acres that would transition in well, but you need an outlet. Not sure I have a reliable one

Nothing wrong with non gmo but most people have forgotten how to successfully grow it and the amount of chemicals that get poured on is crazy

Frankly the movement you speak of is more organic than non GMO because of this increased pesticide application affect. And if you think we can feed the world organically then spark up another J cause that's not going to happen.

So it comes down to finding a market and then delivering. Guess my point is, you can talk and post all you want. Sack up and get er done if you think there is value. Like I said. Organic is the big money. Sustainable is next in line. Non GMO comes third

Edited by PFI 12/17/2014 23:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)