AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NEVER been in this room, need time occupier
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 12/7/2014 09:03 (#4224825 - in reply to #4221632)
Subject: RE: NEVER been in this room, need time occupier

Middlesex County, Ontario
Do you like physics?

I watched a YouTube video on "kerbal space program" the other day. It's a game in which you develop the space program for the planet Kerbal. You make rockets, planes, etc and launch them. It's pretty basic "just stick things together" construction. It's pretty easy to make a rocket, launch it, and have it explode on re-entry. It's a little harder to launch a rocket, set it down on a planet, have your men walk around, and return to Kerbal. You can get to the moon just by experimenting. If you want to reach the further planets it's going to take a little bit of math and planning and you will have to learn about orbital velocity, orbital eccentricty, delta V, specific Impulse, etc.

I havnt played it, just watched a YouTube video on it. If I try to play a game the "I'm wasting time" voice in my head gets too loud if I'm not learning something or have something else to do, which is always. If I had a pile of free time and minimal commitments I'd try this game. It'd be kinda cool to learn and understand some rocket science.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 12/7/2014 16:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)