AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Police called me today. I'm stunned.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Hayinhere
Posted 11/21/2014 17:27 (#4192648 - in reply to #4191115)
Subject: RE: Update

Central NE

I went into the police station today and visited with their computer investigator.  Quite a computer forensics bunker he has.  It now seems as though a clone of my computer was made in January when my computer "crashed" and my hometown computer store said was "unfixable".  Appearently my computer software from my "bad" hard drive works just fine in someone elses laptop.  All of our pictures from 2002 until 2013 were as they used to be on the old tower computer.   My system ran on Windows ME and was a larger harddrive than the one he had taken out of the suspects laptop.  Mine was returned to me with my tower in January.  This computer did not have wireless access, but had occasionally been plugged in to the internet by eithernet cable.

He will continue to investigate how this happened and will involve the Computer store owner and technition who has since moved to Alaska.  He said the hard drive from the lap top will remain in evidence for now, and he will probably return the laptop without the harddrive to the person who turned in, but will destroy the hard drive even if he has to get a court order.

The computer also had "Tore" and "Onion" programs loaded on it which he said is used to cover up tracks while on the internet.

There is no telling how many other "clones of my computer and pictures there are in the world right now.

Edited by Hayinhere 11/21/2014 17:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)