AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Police called me today. I'm stunned.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Hayinhere
Posted 11/20/2014 22:19 (#4191115)
Subject: The Police called me today. I'm stunned.

Central NE

I received a call today from our local police department.  They have a laptop that belongs to a man  (who I have never heard of) they are investigating.  The laptop is registered to my wife and I.  The laptop contains years and years worth of our family pictures.  From 2002 until now.  Holidays, farm, kids, vacations, everything.  Pictures we took with digital cameras, not smartphones.

The investigator is trying to find out if the man they are investigating is the true owner of this laptop and why our pictures are on it, and asked if I owned the laptop.  Every computer tower and laptop I have ever owned is still in our house except a tower that had a bad hard drive last January which I destroyed.    I have tried to keep computers with pictures seperate from ones hooked to the internet.  I am not on any social media.  No internet banking or finances.  I don't let family post pictures of us on their websites.  I highly value family privacy.  I am stunned.  These are my computer files of pictures, not just random pictures.

I will find out more tomorrow when I go to the Police station, but this just blows my mind.

How could this happen?  Truely nothing digital can be kept private.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)