AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding Hyd drives to Kinze 3600
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WTW
Posted 11/1/2014 09:22 (#4155126 - in reply to #4154944)
Subject: RE: Adding Hyd drives to Kinze 3600

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
"I'm assuming your section control by cartridge valve then simply allows fluid to bypass the "disengaged" motor? That's a novel idea."

Correct. If the cartridge valve fails, we can still plant. Worst case scenario is remove the valve entirely.

"How well do the series motors maintain consistent rpm between sections?"

I would suggest that the motors are more consistent across sections than a ground drive would be due to differences in ground texture or packing ahead of the drive tires. The motors are under so little load that internal leakage is pretty well nil. There is more friction in the drive due to hose loss and friction in the motors than the power required to turn the planter. In any case a non-issue.

The ideas used here are not unique or new. Other agtalkers have done more or less the same and I simply copied and adapted to our situation. As we are farming mainly rectangular fields, row clutches are of very little benefit to us. My brother wanted to go to hydraulic drive on this planter and this arrangement seemed to give us the best solution for the dollars spent.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)