AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding Hyd drives to Kinze 3600
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 11/1/2014 07:49 (#4154944 - in reply to #4154161)
Subject: RE: Adding Hyd drives to Kinze 3600

Missouri
I've seen that picture of your relay box before. Actually, I patterned off of that that build a relay box to allow an Ag Leader Clutch module to power 4 tru-count electric transmission clutches. Ag Leader has a harness that puts 4 clutches on a single 30 amp circuit, but that config is prone to blowing fuses. With the relays, I broke the power supply to the clutches down on two 30 amp circuits, left and right pairs, and the fuse blowing problem is resolved.

I'm assuming your section control by cartridge valve then simply allows fluid to bypass the "disengaged" motor? That's a novel idea.

How well do the series motors maintain consistent rpm between sections?

There can be issues doing swath control with hydraulic drive motors, due to the spin up time required as the PWM valve opens, but your setup solves that issue. With series flow and an encoder driven off one of the series motors, the hydraulic system can be already at the correct flow when the first cartridge valve closes (section engages) and that hydraulic motor should go instantly to the correct speed, as opposed to the typical delay when started/stopped by a PWM valve, which usually seems to have a half second to sometimes as much as a full second delay in going from full stop to correct speed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)