AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding Hyd drives to Kinze 3600
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 10/30/2014 22:39 (#4152974 - in reply to #4152756)
Subject: RE: Adding Hyd drives to Kinze 3600

Missouri
Yes. I believe all problems have solutions. Even broken machines. That may be why I enjoy being an ag mechanic. Some farmers can break anything.

I've never encountered one I couldn't fix (usually over the phone, without even being on site).

If all the parts are from one place, that puts all the part numbers in one parts catalog. They're available free online. In the rare event parts are necessary to perform a repair, it's always helpful if parts' identity isn't a mystery. I once worked on a system where the PWM valve was of unknown origin. This made it very time consuming to find operational PWM parameters that performed acceptably... things like this are what put the value in the pre-engineered kit.

It's actually a pretty simple system. It's a hydraulic motor being fed regulated oil flow by a PWM valve, with a shaft speed encoder providing the system current shaft rpm. The correct PWM valve parameters is the key to optimum performance.

The overwhelming majority of my trouble calls are resolved just by giving the operator a little guidance pushing the right buttons. Little things, like turning on the master switch, and setting the rate (the rate setting can default to 0. A drive set to 0 rate does not turn). Mechanically the system is very sound. Operationally, it does require the operator to use the control system correctly.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)