AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Watchout, that season has started, well not sure it ever ends.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ben5398
Posted 10/1/2014 11:21 (#4102980 - in reply to #4102673)
Subject: RE: Watchout, that season has started, well not sure it ever ends.

Central Illinois
OntarioCanuck - 10/1/2014 07:33

It is people's attitudes.
Some are just too busy to wait and others too inconsiderate.

Some are just too dense to understand the situation.

I waited part way back a block when I saw a transport coming around a corner in a town.
He had the green light, lady ahead of me had the red.

She sat right at the stop mark on the road and the transport needed all the road to turn so he sat in front of her in the intersection waiting for her to back up.
thought I was going to have to get out and tell her to back up as she took a long time to realize it was her that was blocking traffic.

we have to be aware and watch for the idiots as well as our selves.

I have a problem with calling most of these people idiots, I get it from everyone is frustrated. The problem is they are not idiots, they are ignorant. We as farmers need to recognize this in many aspects of our lives. Most people are very ignorant to the needs of those who use large equipment or any life outside of their own experience. This is how we end up with laws being passed that make no sense. I have a liberal women I work with in my 9-5 that thinks we need laws to keep me from abusing our farm land, that I would dump all kinds of chemicals and unsafe things everywhere, because in her experience land is not something that you cherish and pass from one generation to the next. To her land is just a commodity, and in her city experience people just abuse open spaces dumping trash and waste everywhere. Our family looks at our farm as not being a right to sell or abuse as the next generation will not get the opportunity that you did, the only reason the land is still there is because the previous generations took care of it to pass it to the next generation. (She really struggles to understand why I would help my dad and not expect a pay check, but she also does not think that anyone should be allowed to inherit anything of real value as they have not earned it themselves) We as farmers need to learn to not jump on ignorance and call it stupidity but instead educate the general population on our daily activities and needs of those from other walks of life.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)