AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Watchout, that season has started, well not sure it ever ends.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 10/1/2014 08:46 (#4102714 - in reply to #4102575)
Subject: RE: Watchout, that season has started, well not sure it ever ends.

ben5398 - 10/1/2014 04:50 I will say this: different areas farmers do different things. Area northwest of me coming back from my day job I have been stuck behind farmers going down the center of a road for 5 miles with a line of cars behind them on many occasions, they have plenty of space to pull off and let everyone by, the only way they get over is for oncoming traffic and then it is just long enough to let them by and back to the center they go. The worst I saw was a line of about 30 cars following a combine going down the center for about 15 minutes. In our area most tractors with implements, and combines will pull off and slow down if there is not room to pass and if there is really not much space we will come to a stop on the shoulder when a line up of cars begins to appear. I agree that it seems those coming from the non rural parts of the world really disrespect us on the road showing their ignorance, but we need to also look at what is around us as well. In other words, it goes both ways with respect.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)