AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

soybean program for 2015?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 9/22/2014 11:06 (#4087526 - in reply to #4087503)
Subject: RE: soybean program for 2015?

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
I think on an owned farm or a farm u feel very confident u will have for quite some time u can justify these inputs.
Backing off a year won't necessarily get in your pocket the next, but I'm a firm believer it will catch up to u. You may not see it on some years, but how would u tell you can't raise your yields without trying something. Especially basic agronomic practices? Its not like I told him to go apply 50# of pixie dust or a quart of spider juice.
Even when the dry vs liquid guys argue there is merrit to both. Some feel the liquid is quicker release and worth the extra price per pound. Some feel its feeding the plant and not the soil. Some think its the best RIO on a 1 year lease. The dry guys argue IRS too expensive per #. And its not feeding the soil. But there are values to both systems.
I'm betting your applying an excess on corn fertilizer or you'd be mining your soil (which I'm not claiming your doing (mining). Or perhaps you have very high O.M. levels? Or river bottoms where you get a lot of fert washed down from the neighbors. But if your raising beans on beans and making 70+ bu year after year and only applying 100# potash you have an amazing soil type I'm envious of.

Lastly, the O.P. is talking about 20 acres it sounds like he wants to shoot for high yield, not average yield...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)