AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ordering Seed for 2015 and Delivery in the Spring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

goldenrow
Posted 9/22/2014 15:24 (#4087830 - in reply to #4087710)
Subject: RE: Ordering Seed for 2015 and Delivery in the Spring

LGSeedsKS - 9/22/2014 13:28

If I was having this problem with your seed company, I wouldn't be waiting till the Spring to take delivery, if you have the space to store it. This is also a prime example of why growers shouldn't wait till the last minute to order seed and take delivery as soon as its available to ship.

THIS! Most agronomy sales people I know, will do their absolute best to get you exactly what you ordered, and get it to you on time. However, when talking about products that are produced, sold, and transported nationally and globally, there are too many variables to control on a micro-scale.

My advice is to just stay in touch with your salesmen often, so everyone is on the same page, and adjustments can be made, if need be, with plenty of time to spare.

Also, please, please do your best not to return mass amounts of seed. Dealers livelihoods are on the line when large orders are brought in as sold, but then returned. If you truly feel they deserve such a loss, let them know your unhappiness by not placing an order next year.

Edited by goldenrow 9/22/2014 15:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)