AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ordering Seed for 2015 and Delivery in the Spring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

LGSeedsKS
Posted 9/22/2014 13:28 (#4087710 - in reply to #4087012)
Subject: RE: Ordering Seed for 2015 and Delivery in the Spring

Hutchinson, KS
billw - 9/22/2014 00:02

Everything I had ordered was grown in the USA and was not winter produced.

If it wasn't winter production, than you should of had it on time. What was the seed companies reasoning for the late delivery?

Also, with my company I cover growers in south east and south central KS. I know my growers/dealers will plant earlier than the other states, so with my company I make sure all of the seed I'm allocated is from Summer production to make sure my growers have their seed in time for planting since we can start as early as March depending on the year. The only time I have ever had to wait on a hybrid is when its brand new, something we had in plots for the first time, seen its yield potential and decided to bring it forward. If we had any extra seed stock we send it to South American for winter production to produce some seed. But even then its usually only a small amount of bags, we've sold a few bags to growers to try out mainly for side x sides or plots.

If I was having this problem with your seed company, I wouldn't be waiting till the Spring to take delivery, if you have the space to store it. This is also a prime example of why growers shouldn't wait till the last minute to order seed and take delivery as soon as its available to ship.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)