AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More to life than work post from below has this guy thinking....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gman21
Posted 8/20/2014 08:22 (#4028136 - in reply to #4027979)
Subject: RE: More to life than work post from below has this guy thinking....

LaSalle, Ontario, 10 miles south of Detroit Mi.
Josh don't beat yourself up on this issue, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I work in the auto industry. For 30 years I have worked for Chrylser Canada at the Windsor assembly plant building mini vans, when I was reading your post it sounded a little like me. My motto is I don't need to be the biggest farmer just the best. I have a long way to go for that, I am blessed and spoiled as my parents farmer for a living when they passed away I received 120 acres but a machinery line to farm 500 acres. It takes as much time to service/ setup the combine to harvest a crop wether it is 40 acres or 400 acres so I spend more time doing things like that than actual field work. You mentioned looking back you should have picked a different field besides AG.i disagree. It is not easy getting time off in my field either as when the weather is nice city folks like to have time off also. Sometimes things are not done on our farm so that we can vacation. We try to vacation in winter to avoid pulling me from the farm work. What I am trying to say is try to balance all things out, don't be to hard on yourself and remember family time is important. Sorry I could not really answers your question, but I thought I would post this as my wife and I just had a discussion this morning over breakfast about working working working when do we get to grab a free weekend and it looks like sometime in the middle of Sept. before that will happen. Just try to balance, it is ok to have someone spray your crops if that gives you a bit of free time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)