AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lawfarms badfarmer and others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 7/28/2014 21:31 (#3990839 - in reply to #3988206)
Subject: RE: lawfarms badfarmer and others

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
sorry for the delayed response, just got home. one thing that i always say is email me your direct question. some of the replys on ag talk get detoured when answering other posts or some call it hyjacking. I ask everyone what is their goals with farming. If you need a fungacide and it gets you 20 or 30 bushel, is that a good thing, answer carefully, my answer would be short term yes the fungacide returned 10 plus bu per ac above cost. Lets look at long term though, and ask WHY, Yes I 100% believe that a plant with a fungas is unhelathy, I am not aware of anyone out there who has taken that $700 bucks for turning in a 15% brix corn plant. I have never seen a 12% plus brix plant with a fungus, or other bug probs. I define plant healthy with a refractometer, not a tissue test, not a 30 mph drive by, and certianly not a corn seed salesmen or any other salesmen teling me that corn is good or bad. the long term answer or solution is to get that 20 or 30 bu without spending the money on the fungacide. then once again if the fungacide works still, we raise our goals even higher and figure out how to get that extra 20 or 30 bu again without spraying the fungacide. the process goes on and on. My point upsets those who sell and make money off the fungacide and other insecticides and I apologise for that but I am interested in what is best for my bottom line and bottom line of the farmer. The easiest $20 bucks per ac you earn is the $20 you dont spend. The goal is to get the yeild increase without the fungacie and then we are making moremoney. If you have a fungus today you have two things you need to do 1 spray the fungacide, 2 create a plan for next year. simply hoping it wont ever be a problem again is not a plan. No one can make this plan for you, some may help with suggestions but use them suggestions with your own research to develope a plan for the next year to get that 30 bu without the fungacide. it will be hard to accomplish in one year, but get a plan. I apologise for if there is any mis understanding, I think I can speak for alot of brad and a few others posts when most everyone on here will say do what works on your farm to solve the problem, BUT the fungus is not something you want, so create a plan for next year and every year after that.

I am sure you have read posts from teh past about copper levels and helping fungus problems which i have put up. if you already have the fungus, its a little late for this crop, yes a foliar of copper brewed up with some other nutreints will help, but go ahead and throw in the fungacide, but then as i will always say, create a plan for that farm for next year to keep that fungus off the farm.

next instance that may be misleading is Hail or stornm damage. If i get hail I want vit c and my package flown on within a hour, if it takes the plane more then 12 hours to get it on, then i say no. if the plants have fungus before a hailstorm, the hailstorm sure as heck isnt going to get rid of the fungus, so you guessed it you need to address it with your fungacide, but once again get a plan for next year. the usage of the vit c blend is to aid in bringing the plant back to health. if you smoke dope all your life and eat bad food, the doctor cant make all that go away with one iv. neither can teh vit c blend. the most the vit c blend is going to do is bring you back to where you were and bump your brix a little short term. then the plant is back to life from the soil, air and water. I do grow cherries and as pricey as they are I do spray the vit c blend 2 times a day for over 45 days cause it pays, it will not pay to do that even if corn was $8, but the one shot immediatly after hail will. some people who have the fungus, then get hail, then do the vit c, may still have the fungus and have to spray the fungacide still. I only have one question that I dont think anyone can argue, Why cant you afford $.0056 per ac. yes 1/2 a cent is the cost of the vit c. how much is the other stuff? no one pushes the vit c cause the farmer is the only one who makes the money and he can buy it from every feed supplier. once again to point out the goal, even though the vit c blend may work, still get a plan, with my high dollar cherries I want to figure out some day how to make a perfect cherry, its been put on the back burner lately cause of the new goal of trying to produce lettuce in 100 degree heat with full sun. for those of you who raise lettuce, let me know if you figure this one out cause its eating up alot of my time, but i will figure it out soon.

I would like to say with every post I make on ag talk, I try to get people to think about the future, I try to get the seasoned generation to think about the past and post what worked, i try to get teh 15 yr old farmer to think about everything and get them excited about ag, I try to get teh middle aged farmer to think about what can they improve. I may rattle some cages some days, to get attention and get everyone to think, heck even those who promise to ignore me, find a way to read my post for some reason and I think that reason is casue somewhere down deep inside there is a little voice in their head saying, I think this guy is crazy, but maybe i hsould think about it and study it. I challenge everyone on this site to prove me wrong. that proving me wrong was done with learning. just a while back joel, illustrated to me how my one statement was wrong if referring to how most are soil testing and my statement would be wrong via the common soil test. joel told me I was wrong and my level of confidenc in him went up. yes, he become somone whom i will read all his posts casue he told me i was wrong. Everyone on here needs to be proving everything i say to be wrong or attempting it anyway. william albrecht has a great soil model, but I can draw a circle in the US where it works and if your outside that circle, dont follow his model, but he did say test on your own farm.

Once again I apologise for any mis understandings and will do my best to completly explain things in the future with numerized steps. thankyou for your post
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)