AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apex
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 8/4/2006 23:24 (#32775 - in reply to #31308)
Subject: I wouldn't worry

Iron companies never seem to be able to figure out software. Remember a few years ago when IH bought out that one company, the name escapes me now Denny ??, but it was a really nice simple to use software package and within 2 years they had it so screwed up it was worthless.

I think part of it is the size of the company. I remember working with Flexi Coil before they were bought out. Nice people, responsive, could get changes made to products, now that they are part of CNH they are just like a big box store, little or no customer service and no one who knows what is going on.

From an outsider looking in I believe your business has to be one that can change and adapt easily without going through 14 layers of politically correct company men who are in a CYA program 24 hours a day.

I think we'd all be better off if the iron companies would just use an open system and let the software companies handle the rest. Of course Deere is into the software because they want to tie it up and make it almost a necessity that you use their products from start to finish. I learned one thing a long time ago you are better off to provide a superior product or service so a customer wants to do business with you than you are to try and limit a customers choices so he can't do business elsewhere.

Our poorest service is from dealers who have "protected" territories. No matter what the product or service.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)