AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apex
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gwagner
Posted 7/26/2006 22:41 (#30163 - in reply to #29191)
Subject: Re: Apex

It depends… I have to agree, currently Apex is not Farmworks, SST, SMS, or any other mature software package currently sold. But I can remember a time when any of the above software packages were first was released they had many short comings (similar to Apex). Now that version 1.3 has been released some of those short coming are being addressed.

I also think Apex will never be a high end piece of software but it will still fill the need of the beginning user (and maybe intermediate user). If you are mostly a Deere customer you should highly consider Apex.

I use MapInfo, SST, Mapshots, SMS, Farmworks, and MapCalc. They all have their strong points for processing data but I think you will not find one software package that will do it all. (Though Mapshots might be the closest package). Don’t be swayed other user negativity, John Deere will keep improving this software with each and every release, as did all other software companies. Also remember you get what you pay for. Apex sells for $400??, other packages with more capability sells for $1,500 and up to $4,500. Besides the annual support fee of $250 to $900 per year!! Also remember the more expensive the package the steeper the learning curve.

Determine what level you are at and then decide what is best for you.

gary
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)