AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stocking new shop... tools and equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 3/9/2013 23:27 (#2954219 - in reply to #2953148)
Subject: Re: Stocking new shop... tools and equipment

Wi

jtpfarm - 3/9/2013 14:08 As far as hand tools go, IMO Craftsman has the best value and warranty. All of my had tools are craftsman. I use chrome sockets on my 2131ti IR impact all the time at 175 line pressure and have broke a total of 2 sockets in the last 10 years. The thing i like about their warranty is they ask 0 questions, they just replace it. I know guys with the higher priced brands that cannot get sockets replaced because they have been used on impact. No offense to the snap on guys but i see no reason why a 10pc screwdriver set should cost over $150

Craftsman is dwindling down.  They keep discontinuing things, and the stores stock less and less.

With my Snap-On guy I can replace anything. I replaced a bunch of extractors that were clearly damaged by the heat I had applied.  

Most people realize the importance of an impact socket. There is the fact they split versus shatter like chrome sockets often do, but more important for the penny pinchers out there, the price to fix the damage caused to the impact wrench is more than the cost of a set of impact sockets. Harder chrome sockets wear down the anvil much faster because they do not absorb the blows as well.  The impact socket is the wear item.  It is supposed to wear before the anvil.

Cheap impact sockets are not any better. These are the ones painted black and labeled impact sockets but are really still made out of Chrome Vanadium.  You need Chromoly impact sockets.

People buying truck brand sockets are generally even more aware of the importance of an impact socket and do not use their standard sockets on their impacts.

Make no mistake, I am not a Snap-On fanboy by any means. My Screwdrivers are more money than some, but not snappys. Germans make much better tools. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)