AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

T-L PIVOT PROBLEMS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 12/6/2007 12:51 (#253867 - in reply to #253847)
Subject: Re: T-L PIVOT PROBLEMS

Southeast Colorado
The quarter mile systems work very good. I have had two of them. The half mile 500 acre system I put up new in 2000 was kind of a pain. It would run really crooked sometimes making a new track when it reversed. The only problem with the quarter mile systems we had was the planetary gear boxes would free wheel and move in the wind when the system was parked. I believe the newer ones came equipped with an internal brake and I would highly recomend it. One of our systems completely blew down one tower after it had taken off rolling. I think the non towable worm drive boxes won't allow the machine to move around in the wind but a lot of people seem to think that they don't have as long a life as the planetaries do. One other interesting thing about a hydraulic system is that if you irrigate in the colder weather the machine speed will change with the fluctuating temperature. When it gets real cold the oil slows down and so does the machine. Nobody recomends running these under freezing weather but we do a lot. We have a lot more acres than we have water.

Edited by tmrand 12/6/2007 12:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)