AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric Heat Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 1/16/2013 08:19 (#2826533)
Subject: Electric Heat Question

I have a 28x44 attached heated garage on my house, I have a small 4000 watt electric heater out there, (don't want to mess with propane, and have it vented) so I am currently paying the normal .10 kwh for power since I do not have a "back up" heat source in order to get the "off peak rate" yesterday when talking with the guy from the power company he said they also have a "electric heat rate" @ .05 kwh and you don't have to have a backup heat source and they can't control it however I would need to install another meter socket to meter the power used @ 3.00 month and would have to pay that year around even for only using electric heat a couple of months out of the year so my question after paying an additional 36.00 year and getting a .05 discount on the power using a 4000 watt heater approx how many hours would the heater need to run before I break even, if I calculated it correctly I would save .20 cents for every hour (of run time) and it would have to run 180 hours/year just to break even am I doing this correctly.

Edited by Dennis SEND 1/16/2013 08:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)