AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Rainy day" here I guess
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GDAD
Posted 12/1/2012 00:27 (#2726128 - in reply to #2725431)
Subject: Re: "Rainy day" here I guess

N.E. MO
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Prayers are definitely appreciated, and I know that's what's gotten me this far. I certainly don't want to sound like I'm complaining. I've been very blessed with a great, healthy family and have had my own health until this happened. Shouldn't be anything I won't make a nearly complete recovery from. It's just difficult to go from working hard as a welder everyday, to not being able to walk or provide for my family. I wrecked on sept. 16. Laid up on the mountain for three hours before I was found. Compound fracture between my left knee and foot and left arm snapped right above the elbow. Thankfully no head injury, as I wasn't wearing a helmet. Was taken to the local hospital by ambulance and nearly bled out there. Got a $29000.00 helicopter ride to another hospital, where I spent a week. I have what they call an external fixator on my left leg, which consists of six pins screwed into the bone that stick about three inches out of my leg. These are all connected with about a 1/2" diameter rod and some brackets that tighten up with a 10mm wrench. I also have three stainless plates in my arm. I have no feeling in about 1/3 of my left hand. It could have been much worse. Thanks again for the support.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)