AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Droid or I phone?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 10/31/2010 21:28 (#1416306 - in reply to #1416026)
Subject: Re: Droid or I phone?

I have a Droid and the Verizon iPhone is supposed to be coming early in '11. We finished harvest yesterday and I'm headed to the Verizon Store tomorrow to pitch a tent by their front door. Does this answer your question? ;)

In all fairness, the last update to Android (2.2) has made the phone a lot better. However, I still need to reboot it a couple of times a week to get it back to working like it should. Sometimes it reboots itself for no reason. I find the app selection in their store to be of poor quality in general - and each app has it's own own way of running. Apple keeps a tight reign on the app selection. There are a lot of useless apps in the Apple store, but you can pretty much count on them not messing the device up and the way they operate is much more standardized between them.

The tech media has made a big deal about the gains Android has made against the iPhone in the U.S.. What they don't seem to realize or are ignoring, is that the iPhone is only available on one carrier while Android is available to nearly all. Anyplace in the world where both are available on the same carrier(s), iPhone is skunking Android - including AT&T. I think that Google is in for a rude awakening when the iPhone hits VZ and other carriers. There was a survey taken this past summer of Verizon customers who owned Android phones. 80% of them stated they would switch to an iPhone if one became available. I think by the time the thing hits the market, the line behind me will be very long! ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)