AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How is Appel truck sales in Galva Ill to deal with?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kansas cat
Posted 12/18/2009 04:16 (#972687 - in reply to #972063)
Subject: Re: How is Appel truck sales in Galva Ill to deal with?

Eddiedry, unfortunatly as you saw in my videos, its all to true. Believe me, i wish it wasnt. My replacement engine that a friend out in california found and checked out for me arrived in the trucking companies freight terminal this morning. I will pick it up tomorrow and bring it home so i can get the fuel inj poump off it and into the pump shop monday morning. I hope they can go thru and get it all reset up for the scrapers specs before the holiday so i can spend christmas getting the engine put into my machine and have it ready to finally....2 months almost to the day from its delivery from appells...finally get it on the job that i bought it for. I could not put off starting the project as i had made a commitment to the property owner that i would try to have it done before the end of the year, so i have about twice the hours in it that i should have had since i have been working on it with the dozers and grader but did not have the scraper to move the material the longer distances that the job requires. I hopefully wont miss my completion target date of Jan 1 by much if the weather will stay dry and warm enough to keep the frost from getting to deep.
On a sad note, a friend sent me a email today with the following article attached.

Company may face fine for not reporting death

GALVA, IL - An equipment rental company could face a fine for not notifying the Occupational Safety and Health Administration of an employee's death in the business Thursday. Patrick A. Dawson, 50, of Kewanee was pronounced dead Thursday morning at Appell Equipment Sales and Rentals just east of Galva after his head was pinned between the front right frame and a hydraulic mechanism on a skid loader he was driving. Dawson, who was alone at the time, died of head injuries. Henry County Deputy Coroner Carol Wiesman said the incident most likely will be labeled an industrial mishap. Barry Salerno, a supervisor with the Peoria-based OSHA office, said Friday no one from the business notified OSHA within the required eight hours after the incident. The company could face up to a $5,000 fine for failing to report the death, Salerno said. OSHA records did not show any history of problems at the company, he added. Salerno didn't learn about the death until Friday morning when he read about it in the newspaper. He then sent investigators to the business. Company representatives have declined to comment on the incident.

My heart felt condolences to the family of Mr Dawson. Its always a very sad thing when a life is needlessly lost. I hope for appells sake that when osha gets done investigating them that failure to report the accident are the worst they come up with. As peeved as i am with appells over my deal, i sure wouldnt wish anything like that on anyone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)