AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alzheimers -- Aricept
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Suey
Posted 10/24/2009 00:22 (#897411 - in reply to #897301)
Subject: RE: Suey,,, sorry it took so long to answer.

WCIL
Wow! That is alot more than we had thought of . My MIL refuses to let someone come in regularly and clean her house. Even though she was told 3 years ago that the vacumn cleaner was absolutely bad for her back. She will let a woman come for 4 hours before the family shows up. This is a big farm house with 4 bedrooms upstairs. Not that they use the bedrooms . These multimillionairs sleep on couches in the livingroom. All the mattresses are over 30 years old and uncomfortable. And of course we can't turn the sitting room on the main floor into a bedroom. FIL has a bad ankle, bad back, and extremely overweight. He can't get up and down the stairs due to the pain. But, he is bound and determined to get in the combine again this year. Not sure it will happen this year. He is 84 so far he is able to do all the driving to: doctor appointments, church, and funerals. We don't send them on too many errands because of their inabilites to walk distances.

Getting guaridanship will be tough one to discuss. They do have wills, POA, and medical guardians named. They are at a doctor about weekly. And she is on a drug for everyone of those problems. One of the daughters is a physical therapist. She is now corresponding with the doctor by phone to try and tell him some of the things we think they are hiding from the doctors. She too has told them that Ensure is a supplement not a replacement.

I send e-mail updates from the farm to the siblings and grandchildren fairly regularly. Reminding Grandchildren to call on birthdays and whenever there seem to be bad days. Most know that things aren't right but she is able to put on a good show when everyone is here. I see both of them try and do things they haven't done for months so the kids that live a long ways off don't know what it is like on a daily basis. But, what they don't see is they/in-laws are exhausted after everyone leaves. Both of their daughters, my husband's sisters, are fully aware and understand that the current situation can't last much longer.

Thanks for all the information. I/we have got a lot to think about.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)