AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Robert F. Kennedy Jr on Farm policy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NE Ridger
Posted 3/27/2024 20:52 (#10683326 - in reply to #10682893)
Subject: RE: Robert F. Kennedy Jr on Farm policy

EC Nebraska
hinfarm - 3/27/2024 15:34

How does our healthcare system costs align with this? Cheap food = expensive healthcare?

I'm not in a 100% agreement with what RFK is saying, but on the other hand I can't say I don't think "gee, there must be a better way" as my lips turn numb dumping neonic treated seed corn in the planter or I have a burndown mixture running down my arm while I am changing a sprayer pump on the Patriot.

After working for a corporate AG company for 12 years I wouldn't put it past them that's what best for their investors may not be what's best for your health.

You can get untreated corn seed if you want. I know my pioneer dealer gets some in every year. One of his customers wants it, and so he special orders it.

They also sell arm-length gloves and various other PPE. There is no need to get that much chemical on your skin.

All of these chemicals come with recommended PPE use. And it's not that expensive to buy. It's a hassle to keep on hand, and to use it when you're in a hurry on a 90 degree day. But that's your choice.

Which reminds me. I need to do inventory and make sure I have enough on hand before full-time spraying starts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)