AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A very deep overview of renewable diesel market.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WeaveFarmer
Posted 2/28/2024 08:17 (#10643160 - in reply to #10642876)
Subject: RE: A very deep overview of renewable diesel market.

Boone Co. Iowa
We are losing export markets to low-cost producers.

We are losing exports as the nations of the world kind of re-sort their post-cold war relationships.. .

Corn acres and technology to produce corn (seeds, chemicals, fertilizer and equipment) has been ramped up over 15 years and crowded out other crops acres/options.....

Soybeans have been pretty good as well.

I think Carbon is the new thing us farmers can grow (store) for value. Market is figuring itself out. But, ethanol had investment money and a lobby. Investors could profit by adding value to corn.

Storing carbon has a lot of value, and in theory farmers can store a lot of it and still grow decent crops.

But farmers won't do it unless there is a profit.

New renewable diesel soybean plant near Alta / Storm Lake is private investor money. Not ADM or Dreyfus or ABCD company ....They will want to get paid and lobby government accordingly.

Land prices do not reflect current corn / soybean prices and their values.

I think row crop farming is going to have to profit in the carbon arena.

I know the land price thread has a lot of interesting and varied comments.

I know family members who bought some ground at $3200 an acre, and bought some similar ground for $1750 10 years later. Land doesn't always go up, or even hold it's value.

What I don't know is if today's farmgound prices are a opportunity that will payback in 5 years or 25 years or even 50 years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)