AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who inforces run off law in Kansas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Douglass ks
Posted 5/15/2018 15:44 (#6761859)
Subject: Who inforces run off law in Kansas?

Douglass Kansas

I have a neighbor that is damning water onto my property at my grain bin site in rural Butler county. DWR and county planning and zoning are no help. Small drainage area of around 3 acres. Lidar map shows that the water runs off my property and onto their property to the north. Neighbor says his property never washed as much before, and that I should take the water elsewhere. His house was built a couple of years before my grain bins. I tell hem that the last couple of years were very wet, he agreed with that. I also tell him that no-till would reduce erosion, he had no comment to that.
Kansas law says
24 206
Penalty for obstructing ditch, drain or stream; damages. If any person shall maliciously or willfully fill up or obstruct any ditch, drain, or watercourse, he shall forfeit and pay to the county in which said ditch, drain or watercourse is located the sum of ten dollars ($10), to be recovered in any court of competent jurisdiction in the county, and shall moreover be liable for all damages that may accrue to any person or persons by such an act or acts. 

Edited by Douglass ks 5/15/2018 16:17

Attachments
----------------
Attachments SchaufLiDARMap1.pdf (287KB - 263 downloads)
Attachments Grain Bin Drainage areals.pptx (6845KB - 304 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)