AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighbor Kids Want Jobs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

trakman
Posted 5/14/2018 13:15 (#6760041 - in reply to #6760029)
Subject: RE: Neighbor Kids Want Jobs

Central Kansas
workinonjunk - 5/14/2018 13:01

Careful of liability. On iowa, a kid under 18 can’t operate a jack,any type of hoist, be on a roof or in a trench, or operate most power tools. And there is a rule about them pulling trailers. (Can’t remember)The 3 pt on my tractor was considered a hoist according to the iowa work force development authorities. Not many jobs someone under 18 can do in iowa. If I had them mow the lawn with my lawn mower, would the deck be considered a hoist?

Gosh, I didn’t know Iowa was so strict about 18 and under. I was fortunate here in Kansas to have a young boy who enjoys farming even though he was a city kid to come out and ride with me in the cab of the tractor or, combine. He was seven years old at the time. At nine years of age, he asked if he could run the grain cart tractor. A powershift and could follow previous combine Tracks to be at the right distance. We only went 2 mph, he wouldn’t unload at the truck but did a good job in the field. He eventually graduated to the combine and got along fine he listen good and he observed. Today, he is 27 years old and good help. I would trust him with anything .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)