AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

executor needs help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

swne
Posted 1/30/2017 14:28 (#5805068 - in reply to #5799123)
Subject: RE: executor needs help

Cambridge, southwestern Nebraska
Fortunately my parents had said before they passed how things would be split and we had all agreed to that. So the estate was fairly easy to settle with my brother and sister. I was the executor as well.
That being said. I would get all of your siblings AND their spouses together in a joint meeting with the attorney handling the estate and have him/her explain the process you will go through and an approximate timeline. Communication will be key. A good attorney will walk you through it and the executor shouldn't have too much to do if there has been some estate planning made before hand. If not....good luck. LOL .Seriously, as long as everyone is agreeable it should go well. Tell your siblings of your desire to all get along. Communication will be key.
I hope things go well.
edit, Later I read some of the posts and realized this is a future responsibility. Have your parents talk to all siblings preferably at the same time and pot ray their wishes. Things will go much better. If someone feels strongly against something now would be the time to bring it up and negotiate.

Edited by swne 1/30/2017 14:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)